FAST RESCUE BOAT OPERATOR 2 (FRBO 2) – TEXSAR -Open
October 4, 2022 @ 17:50 UTC-5
Class size: Limited to 4 per available boat
Preregistration Required: (10% late fee less than 14 days before class) – CURRENT FRBO 1 certification through RTI REQUIRED!!!
COURSE DESCRIPTION: 16 hour course covering
- Approach and rescue concepts for Hydraulics
- Ferrying Lines across current
- High line tyrolean with boat on tether
- Night operations and rescues
- Rescue basket operations from boat
- Advanced Boat based rescue concepts
COURSE FORMAT: The FRBO 2 course is normally taught in a two day format. 0800-1700. There is night training in the FRBO 2 course.
- Day 1 -0800-1700 . Night Ops starting at dusk + 2.5 hours
- Day 2 – 0800-1700 all boat operations
The person completing this course will have the knowledge and skills to operate and command a rescue boat in flood and swiftwater situations. They will have crew, operating, search and rescue skills needed to be an effective boat captain or crew member.
Prerequisite: Current FAST R1, FRBO 1
STANDARDS: This course meets and exceeds Industry Standards and NFPA 1670 and 1006 requirements.
PPE: Each student is required to provide their own Personal Protective Gear:
- “USCG” approved Type III or V PFD (Type V preferred)
- Wet suit boots with hard sole bottom or tennis shoes
- Water or vertical rescue helmet w/ waterproof light
- Full wet or dry suit as weather conditions dictate
- Water or abrasion protective gloves
- Rescue boat and motor for up to 4 students.
RENTAL GEAR: RTI has a limited number of gear sets of PFD and helmet for rent. First come basis.
PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS: RTI field courses are strenuous in nature. RTI recommends the student be in good physical and mental condition.
Additional course information will be emailed to each student registered.
Share This Event!
Applications due two weeks prior to class