FAST RESCUE BOAT OPERATOR 2 (FRBO 2) – TEXSAR – OPEN
November 11, 2017 - November 12, 2017| $250.00
Lead Instructor: Wesley Meyer
Class size: Limited to 4 per available boat
Preregistration Required: (10% late fee less than 14 days before class) REQUIRES Current FRBO 1 & FAST 1
COURSE DESCRIPTION: 16 hour course covering:
- Advanced Boat based rescue concepts
- High line tyrolean with boat on tether
- Hydraulics approach and rescue techniques
- Ferrying ropes across currented water
- Boat to shore rope systems
- Night operations, search, rescue, driving skills
COURSE FORMAT: The FRBO 2 course will conducted over 2 days
- Day 1 – 0800-1700 driving, rescues, rope systems, hydraulic approach
- dusk plus 3 hours – night search and rescue operations
- Day 2 – 0800-1700 highline rope systems with boat on tether, shore to boat rope systems
The person completing this course will have the knowledge and skills to operate and command a rescue boat in flood and swiftwater situations with advanced skills and options
Prerequisite: Current FAST R1 & FRBO 1
STANDARDS: This course meets and exceeds Industry Standards and NFPA 1670 and 1006 requirements.
PPE: Each student is required to provide their own Personal Protective Gear:
- “USCG” approved Type III or V PFD (Type V preferred)
- Wet suit boots with hard sole bottom or tennis shoes
- Water or vertical rescue helmet w/ waterproof light
- Full wet or dry suit as weather conditions dictate
- Water or abrasion protective gloves
- Rescue boat and motor for up to 4 students.
- Boat must have navigation lights for night operations
- Hand held water proof lights for search and rescue night operations
RENTAL GEAR: RTI has a limited number of gear sets of PFD and helmet for rent. First come basis.
PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS: RTI rescue courses are strenuous in nature. RTI recommends the student be in good physical and mental condition.
Additional course information will be emailed to each student registered.
Share This Event!
Applications due two weeks prior to class