Flood And Swiftwater Technician R2 (FAST 2) RTI Open
August 19, 2017 - August 20, 2017| $300
COURSE AVAILABILITY: Open Enrollment
Class size: 12
Preregistration Required: (10% late fee less than 14 days before class)
COURSE DESCRIPTION: 22 hour course covering advanced throw-lines, access techniques, search techniques, high-line Tyrolean with boat on tether, search skills, one advanced skills night training and one search function night mission.
STANDARDS: This course meets and exceeds Industry Standards and NFPA 1670 and 1006 requirements. To completely meet all NFPA requirements the Technician would need to attend the FAST R2 class.
PPE: Each student is required to provide their own Personal Protective Gear:
- “USCG” approved Type III or V PFD (Type V preferred)
- Wet suit boots with hard sole bottom or tennis shoes
- Water or vertical rescue helmet
- Full wet or dry suit as weather conditions dictate
- Water or abrasion protective gloves
- Water proof helmet light and handheld light
PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS: RTI field courses are strenuous in nature. RTI recommends the student be in good physical and mental condition.
Additional course information will be emailed to each student registered.
Share This Event!
Applications due two weeks prior to class