Private – Eastex FD Only
Lead Instructor: Wesley Meyer
Class size: Limited to 12
Preregistration Required (10% late fee less than 14 days before class)
Course Description: This 19 hour class takes the knowledge and skills gained in the VRT 1 & 2 into patient Packaging and transport. Using Vertical lowers and raises, high line tyroleans, mechanical advantage, advanced belays and anchors.
Prerequisite – Current RTI VRT 2. This class is a prerequisite for the VRT 3.
STANDARDS: This course meets and exceeds Industry standards and NFPA 1006 requirements to the level of this class. To completely meet all NFPA requirements the Technician would need to attend the VRT 3.
PPE: Each student is required to provide their own Personal Protective Gear:
- Rescue Rated Seat Harness
- Vertical rated Rescue Helmet with light
- Double palm padded rappel gloves
- Ankle support hiking or duty boots
- Clothing appropriate for weather conditions (NO SHORTS) Shirts and long hair must be able to be tucked in or secured.
Physical fitness requirements: RTI field courses are strenuous in nature. RTI recommends the student be in good physical and mental condition.
Additional course information will be emailed to each student registered.